HYDERABAD: A 35-year-old contract labourer in a private hospital was burnt alive in a fire mishap that broke out at his house in Mehdipatnam on Saturday.
According to police, the victim was sleeping at his house when fire broke out around 8.30 a.m. The deceased was identified as Narasimhulu, a native of Dammaragudem mandal in Mahbubnagar district.
Humayunnagar police said the victim came to the city three months ago in search of a livelihood and joined as contract labour at Krishna Institute of Medical Science (KIMS).
Due to bad health, he was on leave and was staying at home for the last three days. Police said that Narasimhulu died of burns and suffocation.