HYDERABAD: A number of LCD TV sets, DVDs, refrigerators and other electronic goods were gutted in a major fire mishap at a electronics shop-cum-godown in Uppal in the wee hours of Thursday. According to police, a major fire broke out in Santosh Electronics, located behind Rajyalakshmi Theatre, around 4.30 a.m. Noticing the flames, residents of the area alerted police and fire personnel.
About six fire tenders from Malakpet, Moula Ali, Gouliguda, Hayatnagar, Secunderabad, Malkajgiri and Mangalhat doused the fire after struggling for nearly six hours. As the godown is located in a residential locality, police, as a precautionary measure, vacated the people from their houses and shifted them to nearby community halls. The fire service officials said the mishap occurred due to short circuit. A case was booked and investigation is on.