HYDERABAD: A labourer was electrocuted while he was trying to chop off branches of a tree in a house at Tarnaka on Tuesday.
According to police, Yesobu (35), a resident of Tarnaka, was hired by a person, Madhusudhan Reddy of Keemti Colony, to clean the water tank and chop off the branches of a tree which got extended outside the house.
Another labourer, Basheerudin, was also hired by Reddy.
Basheeruddin started to clean the water tank while Yesobu climbed up the tree to cut its branches.
He accidentally came in contact with a 12 KV hightension wire passing through the tree and died instantly.
Police, who were alerted by locals, asked the power utility authorities to disconnect the power supply to the locality.
After power supply was stopped temporarily, Yesobu's body was brought down from the tree.
Police registered a case against Madhusudhan Reddy under Section 304-a (rash and negligent act leading to death) of the IPC.
Yesobu is survived by his wife and three children.