HYDERABAD: A 45-year-old person was burnt to death after a cylinder exploded in his house at LB Nagar. Police are ascertaining whether the cylinder went off accidentally or the deceased triggered the explosion to end his life.
The deceased, Ch Mukundam was a resident of weaker section locality in Jayapuri Colony under LB Nagar police limits. Mukundam, a daily wage earner was reportedly in a depressed state since the past few days and not even going to work. Mukundam's wife had gone to her parents house nearly 20 days back and since then he had been living alone.
On Saturday night, locals heard a sound of an explosion and as they came out they found flames rising from the house of Mukundam. A portion of the cement slab also caved in and locals found Mukundam on fire.
They doused the flames and shifted him to a hospital where he succumbed to burns in the early hours of Sunday. "He suffered 100 per cent burns,'' LB Nagar police said. Police suspect the cylinder might have exploded accidentally. "Mukundam might have forgot to switch off the cylinder in a drunken state and as he lit a cigarette, it went off accidentally,'' police said