The state will soon have double decker express trains on Kacheguda-Tirupati and Kacheguda-Guntur routes.
Both the double decker express trains announced in the Rail budget presented by Railway minister Mallikarjun Kharge, in Parliament on Wednesday have been allocated to the South Central Railway. It is the first time that a double decker express service has been announced for SCR.
The South Central Railway has got a sizeable share of new express trains announced in the Railway Budget. Out of 55 new express trains announced in the Rail Budget, 15 express trains have been sanctioned to the SCR. Out of these 15 trains allotted for SCR, 8 trains either originate or pass through the stations in the twin cities.
In addition to new trains, all the 3 express trains for which frequency has been increased belong to SCR. These are - Vijayawada-Hubli Express; Bidar-Yesvantpur Express and Secunderabad-Hubli Express Trains, for which the frequency will be increased from 3 days a week to daily.
Apart from this, surveys for doubling of two rail sections, Latur Road to Kurduwadi; and Parbahni to Parli single line sections, have also been included in the Rail Budget.
New express trains passing through SCR are
* Howrah-Yeswantpur AC Express (Weekly)
* Varanasi-Mysore Express (Bi-weekly)
* Mumbai-Chennai Express (Weekly)
* Mannargudi-Jodhpur Express (Weekly)
New trains passing through the state are
* Patna-Bangalore Exp (Weekly)
* Yesvantpur-Katra Exp (Weekly)
* Yesvantpur-Jaipur AC Express (Weekly)
* Kamakhya-Chennai AC Express (Weekly)
Trains whose frequency have been increased
* Bidar-Yesvantpur Express 3 days to daily
* Vijayawada-Hubli Express 3 days to daily
* Secunderabad-Hubli Express 3 days to daily.