HYDERABAD: Running a marathon can be quite challenging, and as the 10k run draws near, it is essential that running enthusiasts are well prepared. Here are few tips from Shiba Mehra, Reebok Master Trainer on gearing up for a marathon
- Runners can sign-up for a training program before the run in order to be prepared and be able to enjoy the experience.
- Selecting the appropriate shoes is one of the most important decisions for a runner. Running shoes should always be selected on the basis of the foot type.
- Selecting the right apparel helps to keep you cool during the run. Runners are advised not to wear new clothes during the run to avoid blisters and rashes. Rather wear and break into the apparel at least 10 days before the marathon.
- A warm-up should start with a slow walk followed by a slow jog. Picking up a fast speed immediately can lead to injuries. Once the run is over, muscles stretches should be done again to cool them down.
- To avoid injuries and cramps, runners should not continue running if they feel even a little bit of muscle pain. They should listen to their body and rest for some time if they are feeling uncomfortable. They should keep themselves hydrated as well.