HYDERABAD: Love cheesecakes? We bet you will love valrhona cheese cake. Known for being the creamiest, smoothest and tastiest of all cheesecakes, now you can make it at home too.
For the cake
Valrhona Manjari (Valrhona is a dark chocolate, with a 64 per cent cocoa solid content. It is a very fruity chocolate, with tones of red fruits, and is slightly acidic in nature) 250 gm
Yoghurt 200 gm
Sugar 80 gm
Cream Cheese 250 gm
Gelatin 15 gm
Milk 200 gm
For the Brittle
Milk chocolate150 gm
Butter 35 gm
Corn flakes 50 gm
Sugar 500 gm
Balsamic Vinegar 280 gm
- For the brittle, melt the milk chocolate and add soft butter in it. Crush the corn flakes and add in the chocolate mixture.
- Mix well, then spread the chocolate mixture on butter paper or silicon pad and keep it in the freezer.
- After 10 minutes, take out the chocolate mixture and cut a round by pressing cake ring on it.
- Your base is ready, now place the egg yolk and sugar in mixing bowl and put them on a double boiler. Also soak the gelatin sheet in ice water.
- Cook well until the colour becomes white. Add cooking cream in it and cook again.
- When the cream gets warm, add the cream cheese and mix slowly. Do not over heat the mix or it might get curdled.
- Remove from heat. Add the Valrhona chocolate and soaked gelatin in the mix, and stir it.
- Keep it outside until it comes to room temperature.
- Now pour the mixture on the brittle base and keep it in the deep freezer for at least 8 to 10 hours.
- For the sauce, take a pan. Add the sugar and make caramel.
- When the colour becomes golden brown add the balsamic vinegar and stir vigorously.
- Slowly heat the mixture until all the caramel lumps get dissolved in it.
- Take out the cake from deep freezer and demould it. Place it on the plate, put some
- sauce by the side and serve it.