Pla Neung Manow (Steamed sea bass)
This whole steam fish with tangy taste of lime and flavours of garlic is not just delicious but is also refreshingly healthy and super easy to make
- Whole sea bass 600 gm
- White cabbage 200 gm
- Coriander leaf 20 gm
- Garlic 20 gm
- Thai red chilli 20 gm
- Fish sauce 20 gm
- Sugar 50 gm
- Lime juice 20 gm
- Ginger julianned 30 gm
- Sliced spring onion 50 gm
- Big red chilli 20 gm
- Lemons sliced 3
- Trim the whole sea bass and stuff the cavity with ginger and spring onion.
- Sprinkle some of the ginger and spring onion over the top of the fish. Steam until fish is opaque.
- Mix small chilli, garlic, sugar, fish sauce and lemon juice to make a sauce.
- Arrange sliced cabbage onto the serving platter and lay fish over the cabbage, pour the chilli sauce over the fish.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, sliced lemon and sliced red chillies.
—Recipes by Master Chefs Naruchit Rugphat and Sunanata Nongngok