Two-year-old boy in Hyderabad dies after having paneer curry at hotel

The family reached the city on February 10 and stayed at Hotel Manasarovar located near the US Consulate.

Published: 13th February 2020 08:52 AM  |   Last Updated: 13th February 2020 08:52 AM   |  A+A-

baby, infant

For representational purposes (File Photo | EPS)

By Express News Service

HYDERABAD: A two-year-old boy who had rotis and paneer curry along with his parents at Manasaravor Hotel in Begumpet, died after developing food poisoning symptoms. The parents approached the police and lodged a complaint.

Begumpet police Inspector P Srinivasa Rao said that Ravi Narayana, a native of Khammam district, who works as a software engineer in Bengaluru, had come to the city along with his wife and son Vihan to provide biometrics for a US visa application.

“The family reached the city on February 10 and stayed at Hotel Manasarovar located near the US Consulate. The family had break-fast and went to the consulate for giving fingerprints for the visa. Later, they went sight-seeing . Late at night, the family returned to hotel and had rotis and paneer curry,” the inspector said.

“At midnight, both Vihan and his father started vomiting and had stomach pain. Ravi Narayana went to KIMS Hospital for getting treatment. While Narayana was getting treatment, he received a phone call from his wife stating that Vihan was unconscious,” the inspector said.

Immediately, the boy was shifted to KIMS Hospital where the doctors provided treatment. However, the boy died while undergoing treatment. 

"Based on a complaint, we registered a case of suspicious death under Sec 174 CrPC. The Food Inspector collected samples from Manasarovar Hotel. We suspect that the food might have been contaminated. Forensic analysis will be conducted. Based on the post-mortem report, we will initiate action,” inspector Srinivasa said.

Stay up to date on all the latest Hyderabad news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)

Comments(1)

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

  • Santosh

    Its sad to hear about the incident. Strict action should be taken against the restaurant for serving contaminated food.
    7 days ago reply
flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp