STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Fire at elephant shelter

Published: 14th January 2013 10:49 AM  |   Last Updated: 14th January 2013 10:49 AM   |  A+A-

A fire broke out at the elephant shelter here at Mattancherry on Sunday afternoon. However, no casualties or losses were reported. The 20-cents land, located close to the TD School at Mattancherry, houses a number of elephants.

The fire broke out when dried leaves caught fire. The Fire and Rescue Services Personnel led by station officer in-charge T T Suresh arrived at the site and doused the fire within half hour. 



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp