Fire consumes textile shop

Published: 15th January 2013 11:54 AM  |   Last Updated: 15th January 2013 11:54 AM   |  A+A-

A textile shop attached to a tailoring centre was completely destroyed in a fire on Monday. According to the Fire and Rescue Services personnel, the shop has been identified as the Metro Tailors, at Deshabimani Junction here.  The officials added that the incident occurred at 8 pm. Half-an-hour before the incident, Kattilthara Joy, the shop owner, had gone home after closing shop. There was no power in the area at the time. The officials noted that the fire may have been caused by an unattended electric iron. 


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp