'Protest Marches Will be Taken Out in All Orthodox Parishes Today'
Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church head Baselios Mar Thoma Paulose-II on Saturday expressed his disappointment over the inaction of the government regarding the untoward incident that happened at Thrikkunnathu Church earlier in the day.
At a press conference in Kochi, the Catholicos alleged that police were not initiating proper action against those who broke into the church.
“This happened with the knowledge of the government,” he alleged.
He alleged that certain officials and local politicians had also joined the Jacobites to ‘torture’ the Orthodox faction.
“It has been decided to take out a protest march in every parish on Sunday. A pastoral letter will also be issued,” he said.
Asked whether there would be a call for protest against the government in the pastoral letter, he said the Church leadership had the responsibility to communicate the development to Church members.
“The Church members will take decisions accordingly,” he said. A dharna will be held in front of Ernakulam Collectorate on Tuesday.