STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Fire at three shops; major disaster averted

Fire broke out at a restaurant and spread to two adjacent shops in front of the Medical College Hospital creating panic among people in the rush hours on Monday evening.

Published: 31st October 2017 11:04 AM  |   Last Updated: 31st October 2017 11:04 AM   |  A+A-

By Express News Service

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Fire broke out at a restaurant and spread to two adjacent shops in front of the Medical College Hospital creating panic among people in the rush hours on Monday evening. No casualties were reported.

The fire was brought under control with the immediate intervention of the Fire and Rescue Services. The fire erupted around 6.45 pm when the LPG gas cylinder exploded in Radhakrishnan’s restaurant on the Medical College-Chalakuzhy Road.

Three fire units from Chengalchoola and Chackai contained the fire. Tables, chairs and vessels were completely gutted in the fire. The estimate of the loss is yet to be ascertained, an officer with the Fire and Rescue Services said.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

IPL_2020
flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp