Veteran actor and stage-hand C. R Simha passed away. He was 72 years old. The actor had been diagnosed with prostate cancer.
C R Simha was born on June 16, 1942. He started acting in plays at the age of 12. In 1972, he started the theatre group "Nataranga", along with his friends.
C R Simha was also a member of "Bangalore Little Theatre" from its inception in 1960 and has acted in and directed in numerous English plays.
He has acted in as many as 150 films. "Samskara", "Bara", Chitegoo Chinthe" and "Anuroopa" are some of the award winning movies, he has been part of. He also donned the hat of a director with movies like "Kaakana Kote", "Shikaari", "Simhasaana", "Ashvamedha" and "Angaili Apsare".
C R Simha's demise leaves behind a huge void in the Kannada Film Industry. Here was a man who wore the hat of a actor, director, dramatist, playwright, & columnist.
Here is a list of awards won by the noted artist, C R Simhan:
- Karnataka State Award for Direction - Film "Kaakana Kote" (1978)
- Karnataka State Nataka Academy Award(1986)
- Shankare Gowda Theatre Award (1993)
- Karnataka State Rajyotsava Award (2000)
- Central Sangeeth Natak Akademy - National Award -2003 (For Lifetime achievement in Theatre Acting, presented by the then President of India Dr A P J Abdul Kalam)
- Vishwa Manava Prashasthi Award, Mysore (2009)