Understanding our energy fields surrounding us, and how these have an impact on us can make an immense difference to our lives. In this regard, it may be useful to understand the strong relationship that our earth energies, the earth’s magnetic field, or magnetism and the ancient Indian science of Vaastu have with each other, which not only influence each other but also ourselves.
In many ancient cultures, buildings were built in harmony with the earth’s energy fields and energy grids. Cities like Rome, or Jaipur serve as good examples of building monumental structures in harmony with the earth’s natural magnetic and energy fields. In contemporary society, however, it is not just the earth’s magnetic field that influence us but also increasing levels of pollutions in the air, water, noise as well as electromagnetic fields because of excessive use of electronic equipment. The earth’s magnetic field is only 0.5mG (milliGauss), while we are exposed to much higher levels of magnetic fields emanating from electronic equipment, computers and our compulsive use of cell phones, which alone has an intensity of 200mG. All of these have a strong influence on our energy fields and aura. The aura is of immense significance to the person’s well being, especially good health, mental balance and mental peace. This aura is nothing but the “energy field” around a person, which may vary on a daily basis, depending on the person’s activity, mental state and surroundings. It is possible to measure a man’s aura by using Kirlian photography. It captures the subtle energetic fields surrounding any life form. Kirlian photography helps in revealing the aura of a person, which the naked eye is incapable of seeing.
To counter the negative and ill effects of these strong energy fields, it is important to understand and take curative measures that can be found in the art and sciences of Vaastu and Feng Shui.
• De-clutter your place and give away things you may not require anymore. This is important, as clutter can deplete the energy fields around you and the immediate environment.
• Plan complete cleaning (and cleansing) of your premises; look for areas which have been neglected and re-do bedroom if health has been of concern.
• In case you are experiencing negative vibes in your home with your family members, and your relationships has been affected, then wipe the floor with salt water for seven days and place a small bowl of crystal salt to absorb bad vibes which will prevent your aura from getting affected.
• One common practice to ensure absorption of bad energy is to place a small glass bowl filled with water and put a drop of fresh green lemon into it. Placing this close to the main door entry will mitigate bad energy entering your main door and home.
• Clean up your prayer area and altar and redecorate the space to bring in prosperity and luck.
• Hang some colourful decorations, bring in a new plant, and display auspicious symbols like the conch shell, or Om or even an elephant in the living room. Decorate the main entrance of your home and workplace.
The writer is a master Feng Shui consultant and traditional vastu practitioner