MUMBAI / NEW DELHI: The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad on Monday claimed to have cracked the Mumbai 13/7 triple blasts case with the arrest of two persons. But the arrest has only revealed the lack of coordination between the Delhi Police Anti-Terror Cell and the Mumbai ATS, with a miffed Delhi police saying they had already arrested one of the accused last year.
Mumbai ATS chief Rakesh Maria Monday announced the arrest of Naqui Ahmed Shaikh (22) and Nadeem Akhtar Shaikh (23) for ‘aiding, assisting and abetting’ the 13/7 blast mastermind Indian Mujahideen operative Yasin Bhatkal. Maria said the duo had procured SIM cards as well as the scooters in which the bomb was placed and parked at Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House.
But a fuming Delhi police blames the Mumbai ATS of botching their operations. They say they had already arrested Naqui in Delhi last year and taken him to Mumbai as part of the plan to nab Bhatkal. However, the Mumbai cops arrested him.
Meanwhile, Naqui’s elder brother Taquee is said to be running from pillar to post to get help and says he feels cheated that his brother was made an accused despite helping the police in the case.