MPs can fund aided schools, colleges now

Published: 02nd May 2013 09:37 AM  |   Last Updated: 02nd May 2013 09:37 AM   |  A+A-

Members of Parliament can now provide assistance for works to aided educational institutions under the Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS), as the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation has revised its guidelines.

As per the revised guidelines, MPs can recommend their MPLADS funds to aided educational institutions, which are receiving financial assistance from State government and are recognised by a State or Central Board of Secondary Education in the case of schools and by a State or Central university in the case of colleges.

These aided educational institutions, however, should not charge commercial fee from the students. The run by a trust of society will also be covered.


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp