Union Minister Shashi Tharoor's wife Sunanda Pushkar, who died Friday night, had "injury marks" on her body and it is a "case of unnatural, sudden death", one of the doctors who conducted the autopsy said.
"On post mortem examination we can say that it is a case of unnatural sudden death. There were certain injury marks on the body but we can't divulge details at this point," said Sudhir Kumar Gupta, a doctor.
"We will conclude our report and opinion in a couple of days," he added.
Sunanda Pushkar was found dead under mysterious circumstances in her room at The Leela Palace hotel in south Delhi Friday.
Her death came barely 24 hours after she and Shashi Tharoor declared they were "happily married" following public airing of tweets that hinted at an extra-marital relationship and alleged involvement of a Pakistani woman
- Pushkar's Body had Injury Marks, Death Unnatural: Doctor
- Last Rites of Sunanda Likely this Evening
- Sunanda did not Have Serious Health Problems: Doctors
- Sunanda's Body Shifted to AIIMS for Post-Mortem
- Shashi Tharoor Complains of Chest Pain, Hospitalised
- Sunanda had Surgery in Thiruvananthapuram?
- Twitterati Couple Together in Controversies
- Security Beefed up
- Always Dogged by Tweet Troubles
- 'Who Knows When I Got 2 Go With Joy'
- After Marital Row, Sunanda Pushkar Found Dead