STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Fire in Four Storey Residential Building in Howrah

Published: 24th October 2014 08:06 PM  |   Last Updated: 24th October 2014 08:06 PM   |  A+A-

By PTI

KOLKATA: Flames leapt from top floor of a four storey residential building in Howrah town today probably when a fire cracker accidentally went inside, a fire official said.

"Fire broke out at around 6.20 PM today on the top floor of a residential building on Raj Ballav Saha Lane in Howrah," the official told PTI.

It might be from a fire cracker that accidentally got into the room through the window, he added.

"Household items inside the room helped the fire to spread quickly but there is no news of any injury... Three of our engines are present there and the fire is under control,"

he said.

Stay up to date on all the latest Nation news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp