2G: Court to Hear CBI's Plea to Summon More Witnesses on November 10
NEW DELHI: A Delhi court today fixed November 10 for hearing arguments on CBI's plea seeking its permission to summon some additional prosecution witnesses, including Enforcement Directorate Deputy Director Rajeshwar Singh, in 2G spectrum allocation case.
Special CBI Judge O P Saini fixed the matter for hearing on CBI's plea which has been opposed by several accused facing trial in the case, including former Telecom Minister A Raja and DMK MP Kanimozhi.
The court is also scheduled to hear the final arguments in the case from November 10.
Kanimozhi, in her reply filed earlier in the court, had sought dismissal of the plea, saying the agency has filed this application at a "highly belated stage" when the recording of evidence has already been closed.
Some of the accused had also opposed CBI's plea on similar grounds while some others had told the court that they would not file written reply on the agency's plea but will advance their arguments orally.
The court had earlier issued notice to all the accused seeking their replies on CBI's application after the agency had placed some new facts before the court.
It had said it would hear the submissions of the accused before deciding on CBI's plea.
CBI had moved the application seeking court's permission to summon some prosecution witnesses and to place additional documents on record, saying they were necessary to arrive at the truth.
Besides Rajeshwar Singh, CBI has sought permission to call ED's Assistant Director Satyendra Singh, Under Secretary of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting Navil Kapur and bank official D Mani.
Apart from these four persons, the agency has sought to recall General Manager (Finance) of Kalaignar TV (P) Ltd G Rajendran, who had earlier deposed as a witness in the case, for further examination.