The Parliament has started discussion over External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj's links with former IPL chief Lalit Modi.
When the house assembled in the morning, the Congress moved an adjournment motion on the issue which was listed for discussion under rule 193 by the government.
The Speaker has allotted 150 minutes for discussing the adjournment motion moved by Congress's Mallikarjun Kharge.
Highlights of the Discussion:
Is it not recommendation when you say that it (giving travel docs to L Modi) won't affect relationship btw India & UK? Mallikarjun Kharge— ANI (@ANI_news) August 12, 2015
- If the help extended was on the basis of humanitarian grounds then why not through the provisions of law asks Kharge.
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan objects to name Vasundhara Raje as the discussion is on Lalit Modi.
- Mapanna Mallikarjun Kharge: Sushma forged the evidence.
- Prime Minister likely to be in the house.
- Congress' uproar over Lalit Modi issue.
- Sushma Swaraj ready for debate, said call it Lalitgate or Modigate; discussion must happen.
- Lok Sabha adjourned till 2.45 PM as Congress protests BJP member's remarks against Sonia Gandhi's family, prompting her to rush to Well.
Congress in Rajya Sabha again stalls a discussion on the GST bill, forces adjournment of the House for the day.
Also Read: Congress Protests Force RS to Adjourn Twice