NEW DELHI: Saudi Arabia is yet to share travel details of Tashfeen Malik, a Pakistani woman suspect in the California mass shooting, after it was conveyed that no passenger by that name had landed on Indian airports in and around the dates mentioned.
Taking note of a news report published in 'The New York Times', the Indian authorities had asked the Saudi authorities to furnish the flight details of Malik after their Interior Ministry spokesman Mansour Turki had claimed that she had travelled to India.
There could be a possibility that she may have transited through India for which there will be no record, official sources said but added the picture will be clear only after the Saudi authorities shared her travel details with us.
Turki was quoted as having told the newspaper through text messages that she had arrived in the Saudi kingdom on June 8, 2013 for the second time from Pakistan and later she had departed to India on October 6, 2013.
The sources said that central agencies have also got in touch with the US investigators to share details, if any, about her visit to India.
Fourteen people were killed and 14 injured when Malik along with her Pakistani-American husband Syed Rizwan Farook allegedly opened fire at a centre for the disabled in the Southern California city of San Bernardino last week.