NEW DELHI: Soon after taking oath as chief minister, Arvind Kejriwal today reached the Delhi Secretariat where he met senior officials and held discussions with his ministerial colleagues.
Ministers Manish Sisodia, Asim Ahmed Khan, Sandeep Kumar, Satyendar Jain, Gopal Rai and Jitender Singh Tomar also accompanied him.
Kejriwal had a meeting with all his ministers in his office and is believed to have discussed future strategy with them.
Government officials welcomed Kejriwal and other ministers as they reached the Secretariat here.
Immediately, after taking oath, the 46-year-old leader addressed the gathering at Ramlila Ground and unveiled the priorities of his government which included steps against corruption, communal elements, VIP culture and assured Delhiites that his government will fight for full statehood for the national capital.
Warning his party leaders and workers against arrogance, he said it was the reason for the defeat of Congress and BJP, which had bagged a huge majority in Lok Sabha polls just nine months ago.
Updates from Delhi:
1. 07 PM: Kejriwal appeals to please fill tax completely as we need money to run govt. says he won't let ur tax go to chori but to education, bijli, paani, parking.
1. 02 PM: People of Delhi took the oath and not me: Kejriwal.
1. 00 PM: Arrogance caused our party to lose Lok Sabha elections: Kejriwal.
12. 56 PM: I will make make Delhi safe for Hindus and Muslims. I want to end the VIP culture in Delhi: Kejriwal
12. 53 PM: I tried to contact Prime Minister Modi, but he is very busy nowadays where he has to run India and visit other countries: Kejriwal.
12. 52 PM: I want cooperation and good relations with the centre: Kejriwal
12. 50 PM: Imposters wearing AAP caps try to malign our party: Kejriwal
12. 49 PM: Lokpal Bill is very important and needs to be passed as soon as possible: Kejriwal.
12. 48 PM: I will work for Delhi's people with dedication for the next five years: Kejriwal.
12. 47 PM: I will make Delhi, the first corruption-free state: Kejriwal.
12. 44 PM: I didn't know that people of Delhi love AAP this much: Kejriwal.
12. 42 PM: BJP's arrogance defeated them: Kejriwal.
12. 36 PM: We cannot afford to be arrogant, God has sent a message and we are the messengers: Kejriwal.
12. 35 PM: The Rich and the Poor has voted AAP to power, Now we have the majority: Kejrwal.
12. 34 PM: Delhi Chief Minster Arvind Kejriwal delivers speech in Ramlila Maiden.
12. 32 PM: Jitender Tomar is a former Congress member, who joined AAP in 2013. BJP alleged that he had taken fake educational certificates.
12. 31 PM: AAP MLA from Trinagar Jitender Tomar takes oath.
12. 29 PM: AAP MLA Gopa Rai also former AISA students Union leader from Lucknow swears-in.
12. 28 PM: Around 1000 media persons present to cover swearing in ceremony of Arvind Kejriwal.
12. 26 PM: Satinder Jain reported quitted his CPWD job to fight corruption.
12. 25 PM: Satinder Jain who was the previous AAP Health Minister takes oath.
12. 24 PM: AAP MLA Sandeep Kumar from Sultanpur who trounced BJP by 64,000 votes approximately takes oath.
12. 22 PM: Asim Ahmed Khan MLA from Matia Mahal takes oath.
12. 20 PM: Arvind Kejriwal is now officially the Chief Minister of Delhi.
12. 17 PM: Manish Sisodia Sworn-in as Delhi's Deputy Chief Minister by the Lt Governor.
12. 14 PM: Arvind Kejriwal Sworn-in as Delhi Chief Minister for the second time by Lt Governor Najeeb Jung.
12. 13 PM: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung administers oath of Arvind Kejriwal.
12. 13 PM: Around 1 Lakh people present in Ramlila Maidan.
12. 10 PM: Tight security near podium where Arvind Kejriwal wil be sworn in as Delhi CM 2nd time.
12. 06 PM: Delhi BJP MLAs Vijender Gupta & O P Sharma attends Kejriwal' swearing in ceremony.
12. 04 PM: Today is a day of celebration & reflection. When both the processes are done with true responsibility & commitment,India is the real winner: Kiran Bedi
11. 57 AM: Kejriwal in his trademark blue sweater, steel grey trouser and muffler around head waves at crowd.
11. 53 AM: Arvind Kejriwal reaches Ramlila Maidan with Manish Sisodia to take oath as Delhi CM
11. 50 AM: Festive mood at Ramlila Maidan as AAP supporters turn in huge numbers donning Nehru caps.
11. 42 AM: Stage set for the swearing in ceremony.
11. 20 AM: Arvind Kejriwal and his wife Sunitha Kejriwal leave for swearing-in ceremony.
11. 10 AM: According to reports Arvind Kejriwal is unwell and is running a fever.
11. 00 AM: Kejriwal receives blessings from his mother, before leaving for the swearing-in ceremony.