STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Maharashtra Orders Probe Into Hooch Tragedy

Excise Minister Khadse said the probe will be conducted by Chief Secretary S. Kshatriya and the report is expected to be ready within three months.

Published: 23rd June 2015 05:05 PM  |   Last Updated: 23rd June 2015 05:05 PM   |  A+A-

By IANS

MUMBAI: The Maharashtra government on Tuesday ordered an inquiry into the hooch tragedy in north Mumbai's Malwani suburb that has so far left 102 people dead.

Excise Minister Eknath Khadse said the probe will be conducted by Chief Secretary S. Kshatriya and the report is expected to be ready within three months.

Khadse's announcement came after a meeting of the state cabinet presided over by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.

The state government has earlier announced a compensation of Rs.100,000 to families of each victim who died after consuming the killer brew on June 17.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp