STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Faridabad Killing: Police Nab 3 More Accused, Many Absconding

Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar visited the family of the two Dalit kids, who were charred to death.

Published: 22nd October 2015 05:54 PM  |   Last Updated: 22nd October 2015 07:00 PM   |  A+A-

Faridabad_Protest

People block a road during a protest against Sunpedh village incident in Faridabad. |PTI

By PTI

FARIDABAD: Three more persons have been arrested for their alleged role in setting house of a Dalit family ablaze in Sunped village here, taking the total number of arrests in the case to seven while four accused were still at large.            

Also Read:

- General VK Singh's Dog Remark on Faridabad Burning Triggers Row

- Sack VK Singh, Demands Kejriwal; AAP to File Police Complaint

- General VK Singh's Dog Remark on Faridabad Burning Triggers Row

- Left 'Speechless' Over VK Singh's Dog Remark: Omar

Commissioner of Police, Subhash Yadav said,"Seven persons out of total eleven accused named by the family have been arrested so far. We are hopeful to nab other culprits soon." The three accused were held last night. He said the situation in the village was peaceful now.  "Further investigations are underway," he added.        

Earlier in the day, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar visited the family of the two Dalit kids, who were charred to death on the night of October 19/20. Khattar said the incident should not be given a "political or casteist colour".          

Haryana's Director General of Police Y P Singal has said that as per investigations so far, an old enmity appeared to be the trigger behind the gruesome incident. The Haryana government had yesterday recommended a CBI probe into the case, meeting the demand raised by the victim family.        

While the children perished in the blaze allegedly set off by some upper caste men who had a running feud with the Dalit family, their mother Rekha, 28, suffered serious burn injuries and was admitted to a Delhi hospital.         

Their father Jitender, 31, was also injured while trying to save them. The family had named 11 people as accused.       

Eight police officials including Inspector Anil Kumar, Officer-In-charge of Sadar Ballagbarh Police Station have been suspended.   



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

edexworks
flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp