Here are some interesting facts about Prime Minister Narendra Modi:
- During Modi’s childhood, he served the Indian army as a volunteer during 1965 Indo-Pak war at the railway stations and also helped flood victims in Gujarat in 1967.
- He doesn’t smoke, drink nor eat non-vegetarian food, he was and still is a teetotaler.
- We know that Modi is a fashion icon to many, however, what many don’t know is that he’s a one brand man and buys from Jade Blue, a Ahmedabad-based textile company.
- Everyone knows that Modi is fond of Hinduism and Buddhism. The reason behind his fondness for both lies in his birthplace Vadnagar, where both the religions flourished since centuries.
- Modi makes it a point to get blessings from his mother Heeraben on his birthday. He has four brothers and a sister and, has an estranged wife too.
- Apart from Politics, Modi’s hobbies include poetry, photography and not to mention, chilling out in the social media.
- Initially, he didn't want enter politics, and wanted to settle down as a monk in Ramakrishna Mission. It was Swami Atmasthananda who advised against it and got rejected thrice.
- In many interviews, Modi claims that he sleeps for less than “5 hours maximum.”
- For the first time, when he became Gujarat Chief Minister, his mother said "Beta, kadi lanch na leis." (Son, never take bribe.)
- Modi came from a poor background, where his mother used to work at houses cleaning utensils for extra money. They couldn't even arrange a photographer for any of their weddings.
Read more articles about PM Modi's birthday: