LUCKNOW: Three more persons, including the main accused in the Bulandshahr gangrape case, have been arrested, taking the total number of those nabbed in connection with the incident to six, a top police official said tonight.
Declining to give details, he said that all the three accused were picked up by the police during raids.
Among them was the main accused Salim Bawariya, he said, but did not disclose the place from where the arrests were made.
These arrests are in addition to three persons picked up earlier.
Director General of UP Police Javeed Ahmed had earlier said, "The names of other accused are almost clear and efforts are on to arrest them."
A group of dacoits had brutally raped the woman and her 13-year-old daughter at gunpoint after dragging them out of a car in Bulandshahr on NH-91 when they were travelling with their family from Noida to Shahjahanpur on July 29.