Fire at Gopalan Mall In Bengaluru

Published: 01st February 2016 12:25 PM  |   Last Updated: 01st February 2016 01:03 PM   |  A+A-


A fire officer outside Gopalan Mall In Bengaluru. | EPS

BENGALURU: An accidental fire broke out in Gopalan Arcade Mall located at Rajarajeshwarinagar on Mysore road on Monday.

Five fire tenders were pressed into the service and after an operation of one and hour the fire was completely doused.

 Traffic was thrown out of gear for a while in the area and on busy Mysore road​​.

T​he fire department officials said that​ the incident occurred around 10.50AM ​and the fire broke out in the first floor of the Mall.

The staff in the Mall noticed the fire alerted the fire services department. The exact reason for the fire and loss is yet to be ascertained. However, according to initial reports, electrical short-circuit is suspected to be the reason for the fire.

Stay up to date on all the latest Nation news with The New Indian Express App. Download now


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp