NEW DELHI: A Delhi court has dismissed the anticipatory bail pleas of two persons, accused of gangraping a model in a five-star hotel here last month.
Observing that the allegations against them were "very serious" and they were required to be interrogated for investigation in the case, the court denied relief to the two accused, who run a travel agency, after police alleged that they were not cooperating in the probe and had formatted their mobile phones to delete incriminating data.
"Keeping in view totality of facts and circumstances of the case, gravity of the offence and as the custodial interrogation of the applicants seems to be required,therefore there are no grounds for granting anticipatory bail to both the applicants," Additional Sessions Judge Amit Bansal said.
While opposing their pleas, police referred to the girl's statement recorded before a magistrate in which it was alleged that she was gangraped by these two accused and one of their associates in a five-star hotel here on January 8-9 this year.
The girl has claimed that she came in contact with one of these accused on Facebook and he had asked her to come to a hotel here for a photo shoot. She alleged that when she reached the hotel room, she was threatened at gun point by an accused after which she was raped by the three men.
The girl said the accused had threatened to circulate her nude photographs on internet.
While seeking bail, both the accused claimed that the allegations levelled against them were false. One of the accused claimed that he had established consensual physical relations with her and due to some dispute regarding hotel expenses, she had lodged a false complaint against him.
They also claimed that they were cooperating in the probe being conducted in the case.