STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

No Info From Pakistan on Pathankot Probe, Action Against JeM

Published: 11th February 2016 07:39 PM  |   Last Updated: 11th February 2016 07:52 PM   |  A+A-

By PTI

NEW DELHI: Pakistan has not yet informed India whether it has taken any action taken against Jaish-e-Mohammad, believed to be responsible for the terror attack on Pathankot airbase, amid reports that business is "as usual" for its leaders who were allowed to "roam freely".

Official sources said there is no information on whether any criminal case was registered against the outfit, its chief Maulana Masood Azhar or others responsible for the January 2 terror attack on the strategic airbase. There is also no information about when would the

Pakistani SIT proposed to come to India to probe the assault. It is yet to be known whether the Pakistani SIT had collected evidence of how the conspiracy for the attack was hatched in that country, sources said.

New Delhi is still awaiting information about whether Islamabad had worked on finding out the actual owners of mobile numbers which were used by the handlers of the six terrorists who stormed the air base in Punjab. Tapped conversations between the terrorists and their Pakistani handlers were also shared with that country, they said, adding the government there should take the probe forward by registering a criminal case and taking custody of those who received the calls.

Sources said Pakistan tried to wash off its hand by saying the mobile numbers were unregistered and had been procured on fake identities. A Pakistan PMO statement, issued a few days after the Pathankot attack, had said "Considerable progress has been made in the investigations being carried out against terrorist elements reportedly linked to the Pathankot incident.

"Based on initial investigations in Pakistan, and the information provided, several individuals belonging to Jaish-e-Mohammad have been apprehended. The offices of the organisation are also being traced and sealed. Further investigations are underway," the statement had said.

However, sources said, as per information gathered by Indian agencies, business is as usual for JeM, a month after the Pathankot terror attack and the outfit's leaders and other activists were roaming freely in Pakistan. In the spirit of the cooperative approach, the Pakistani PMO statement had said, it was also decided that in order to carry the process forward, additional information would be required for which the government of Pakistan is considering sending a SIT to Pathankot in consultation with government of India.

"We have not heard from Pakistan since then on its SIT," sources said.

Stay up to date on all the latest Nation news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp