Touching its time tested Hindutva agenda in the run up to the UP elections, BJP president Amit Shah promised Ram temple and a white paper on exodus of Hindus from Kairana, and also played the triple talaq card in an apparent bid to polarise Muslim community while releasing party manifesto – Lok Kalyan Sankalp Patra -- here on Saturday. At the same time, projecting a farmer-friendly approach of the party, Shah promised a 100 pc loan waiver to farmers.
The development-oriented manifesto promises scores of populist schemes for all sections of society including, farmers, women, youth, and downtrodden. Following the motto Na goondaraj, na Bhrashtachar (no goondaraj, no corruption), the manifesto proposes a number steps for improvement in law and order which, the BJP chief claimed, was in tatters under the present dispensation.
Referring to the temple issue, the BJP president played very safe maintaining if voted to power the BJP would do all efforts to build a grand Ram temple but conforming to constitutional framework as
the case was still pending with Supreme Court.
Promising a white paper on Kairana exodus issue, the BJP chief said that a task force would be set up under the DMs and SPs of districts and they would be made accountable in such cases. “The DMs will
be entrusted with the responsibility to ensure the return of migrated chunk of population,” he averred.
Two more task forces against land mafia and mining mafia were also promised in the party manifesto to put a leash on incidents of land grabbing and illegal mining, which he said was a common phenomenon
under the SP rule.
Exuding confidence that the party would form the next government in the biggest state of the country, Shah assured Muslim women all support over ‘triple talaq’ issue saying that the BJP-led state government would become a party on their behalf and represent them in the Supreme Court if need be.
Promising a robust and rapid development of the state and iterating the party resolve to take the “U” of ‘BIMARU’ out of this category, Shah assured the farmers community to waive all farm loans till Rs
2 lakh and that they would get further loans at 0% interest. Moreover, during the next 5 years, Rs 150 crore fund would be set up for agricultural development, he said.
In a push to demonetisation, the BJP chief hoped that the people of the state would join the PM in the war on corruption and black money. However, earlier, he targeted previous BSP and SP government who had ruled the state with allegedly dismal performance on the development front. Following are the salient features of the BJP Lok Kalyan Sankalp Patra:
- All farm loans to be waived; farmers will get further loans with 0% interest.
- In the next 5 years, ₹150 crore fund will be set up for agricultural development.
- 24x7 electricity in all houses.
- Villages will be connected with mini-bus services
- Special development package for Bundelkhand.
- There will be a Bundelkhand and Poorvanchal development board under the directed supervision of the Chief Minister’s office.
- In 45 days, all criminals, who are out on parole and committing crimes, will be brought back to jails.
- FIRs for all citizens will be filed without caste bias.
- A task force will be set up in every district to tackle different mafias.
- Recruitment of Class III and Class IV employees only on the basis of merit, no interviews to end corruption and bring transparency.
- 90% of the jobs will be given to youth of UP; all vacancies in different departments to be filled up soon after coming to power
- Rs 500 crore will be allocated for the Baba Ambedkar fund.
- Widow pension scheme of Rs 1000 without any age bar
- Rs. 5,000 for every girl child born in poor families;
- All colleges and universities will have free WiFi.
- Laptops with free 1 GB internet data per month
- Up to Rs 6 lakh loan from permanent houses and toilets. BPL citizens to get Rs 2 lakh life cover.
- Redressal system in every district to sort our trader disputes.
- Rs 1,000 crore start-up capital fund will be provided.
- All students scoring about 50% will get free education till graduation.
- In the next five years, there will be toilets in every house, LPG in every house and gas pipelines for cities.