Gujarat: Four sanitation workers die of asphyxiation while cleaning drain

The incident took place on the premises of Global Gourmet company on Maser Roadin Padra tehsil.

Published: 02nd December 2018 10:33 PM  |   Last Updated: 02nd December 2018 10:33 PM   |  A+A-

death, murder,suicide, dead, hand

Image for representational purpose only


VADODARA: Four sanitation workers died of asphyxiation while cleaning a drain in Vadodara district of Gujarat Sunday, police said.

The incident took place on the premises of Global Gourmet company on Maser Roadin Padra tehsil.

"The workers were cleaning a sewer line on the company premises. They apparently inhaled toxic fumes and fell unconscious inside," said sub-inspector N M Rathod of Vadu police station. They were declared dead on arrival at a hospital at Jambusar in neighbouring Bharuch district, he added.

The cause of death was believed to be asphyxiation though autopsy was yet to be conducted, he said. The victims were identified as Askiran Solanki, Kamlesh Jadha, Manish Padhiyar and Vinod Jadhav.

District Superintendent of Police Tarun Duggal confirmed the incident and said further probe is on.


Follow The New Indian Express channel on WhatsApp


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp