STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Three labourers die after inhaling toxic gas in Rajasthan

The incident occurred in Bansla village when one of the labourers stepped inside the well for deepening work.

Published: 11th November 2019 03:26 PM  |   Last Updated: 11th November 2019 03:27 PM   |  A+A-

Farm well

For representational purposes (Photo | EPS)

By PTI

JAIPUR: Three labourers engaged in deepening a well died after inhaling toxic gas emanating from it in Rajasthan's Barmer district on Monday, police said.

The incident occurred in Bansla village when one of the labourers stepped inside the well for deepening work.

The labourers entered the well one after the other and fell unconscious due to some gas accumulated inside.

They died soon after, said Pradeep Daga, sub-inspector posted at Dhorimana Police Station.

The deceased were identified as Ram Chandra (47), his nephew Prema Ram (17) and Nimbaram Meghwal (45).

Post-mortem would be conducted by a medical board which has been constituted to examine the reasons behind the deaths.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp