Seven injured in fire in residential building in Indore

The fire appeared to have started due to a short circuit.

Published: 05th September 2019 10:13 AM  |   Last Updated: 05th September 2019 01:12 PM   |  A+A-


For representational purposes


INDORE:  Seven persons including two children were injured as a fire broke out in a four-storey residential building in Indore city early Thursday morning, an official said.

The fire started in the parking lot of the building in Alapura area around 4.30 am and soon spread to the first floor, a fire brigade official said.

As the flames also engulfed the staircases, people were trapped in the building, he said.

Fire brigade personnel rescued 14 persons by using hydraulic ladders.

The blaze was brought under control after three hours.

Among the injured were a six-year-old girl and a ten-year-old boy.

An 18-year-old woman received serious burn injuries, the official said, adding that all the injured persons were admitted to the government-run Maharaja Yashwantrao Hospital in the city.

The fire appeared to have started due to a short circuit, he said.

Eight two-wheelers in the parking lot were completely destroyed.

Further probe was on.


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp