Woman burnt to death after saree catches fire from earthen oven in UP

The incident took place when she was cooking.

Published: 06th September 2019 01:43 PM  |   Last Updated: 06th September 2019 01:43 PM   |  A+A-

death, murder,suicide, die, dead

For representational purposes


BANDA: A 23-year-old woman was burnt to death after her saree caught fire from a clay stove in Uttar Pradesh's Parai village, police said on Friday.

The incident took place when Kalpana was cooking. She died on the spot, Circle Officer Raghvendra Singh said.

The body has been sent for postmortem. No complaint has been lodged by the family members, he said.


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp