PANIPAT: A 22-year-old man was charred to death after he came in contact with a live electricity wire while posing for a TikTok video near the Matlaudha railway station here, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place on Monday evening when Vikas, a resident of Dharamgarh village, climbed a pole over which the wire was passing and posed for the video, police said.
His three friends were standing below when the accident took place.
Vikas came in contact with the wire carrying 25,000 volts current and was burnt, police said.
Police have sent the body for a post-mortem and started investigation into the matter.