STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Minor fire at COVID care centre in Mumbai; nobody hurt

The blaze erupted in the section called "Hangar F" of the CCC where 50 patients were lodged and soon spread to "Hangar G" where 49 patients were admitted, an official said.

Published: 04th April 2021 06:20 PM  |   Last Updated: 04th April 2021 06:20 PM   |  A+A-

Fire

No injuries have been reported yet. (Representational Photo)

By PTI

MUMBAI: A minor broke out at the jumbo COVID care centre (CCC) in suburban Dahisar on Sunday, an official said, adding that nobody was injured as patients were shifted in time to a safe location inside the facility.

The blaze erupted in the section called "Hangar F" of the CCC where 50 patients were lodged and soon spread to "Hangar G" where 49 patients were admitted, the official said.

He said a ward boy noticed the flames and alerted security guards, who in turn called up Fire Brigade.

The flames were put out by Fire personnel after a brief operation, he said.

Prima facie, the short circuit is suspected to be the cause behind the incident.

Meanwhile, all the patients were shifted to the "Hangar C" section of the CCC.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp