STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Maharashtra: Seven workers hospitalised after toxic gas leak in company

The incident took place at the company located at Mahad MIDC in the evening, an official said.

Published: 22nd January 2021 01:23 AM  |   Last Updated: 22nd January 2021 01:23 AM   |  A+A-

Accident

For representational purposes

By PTI

MUMBAI: At least seven workers were hospitalised after gas leak at a chemical company at Mahad in neighbouring Raigad district on Thursday, police said.

The incident took place at the company located at Mahad MIDC in the evening, an official said.

"At least seven workers, who were working in the company, got affected as hydrogen sulfide, a highly toxic gas, leaked," he said.

The workers were rushed to a local private hospital, he said, adding they are now out of danger.

After being alerted about the incident, the fire brigade rushed to the spot and brought the gas leak under control, he said.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp