STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Robinho extends contract with AC Milan

Published: 19th July 2013 12:15 PM  |   Last Updated: 19th July 2013 12:15 PM   |  A+A-

AC Milan announced that Brazilian star Robinho has extended his contract with the club until the summer of 2016.

The 29-year-old Brazilian striker, whose current contract was set to expire in 2014, had been linked with a move to his boyhood club Santos this summer. But the move foundered as the San Paolo club lacked fund, reports Xinhua.

"AC Milan announce that Robinho has extended his contract to June 30, 2016," said a statement on the club's official website.

Before Robinho penned his signature on the new contract, Milan vice president Adriano Galliani had categorically denied any suggestion that Robinho could leave Milan this summer after having a meeting with the player's representatives on Thursday afternoon.

"We are talking with Robinho about a contract renewal," he said. "I can categorically exclude any suggestion that the player will leave," he said.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

edexworks
flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp