MUMBAI: Following are the major announcements made by newly-elected president Anurag Thakur on reforms/measures set to be undertaken by the BCCI:
1) BCCI to give advertisement for National team's chief coach's post and the deadline to submit applications will be June 10.
2) Rs 100 Crore earmarked for one-year water conservation project using Solar Panels, trying 'Rain Water Harvesting' and 'Sewage Treatment' to conserve water during crisis like drought.
3) Rs 5 Crore corpus created for next 5 years to help the visually challenged and deaf and dumb cricketers.
4) Santosh Rangnekar appointed new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) as part of reforms suggested by Lodha Panel.
5) Minimum 10 percent free tickets for international matches allocated for girl students, specially-abled persons.
6) Specially designated seating area for the physically challenged persons.
7) All stadiums in India to have seats with numbers for convenience of spectators.
8) All state units told to create official Facebook/Twitter accounts as well as have websites wherein they can engage fans by uploading relevant information and statistics.
9) Creating 'Mobile Coaching App' licensed by BCCI which can be used in cricket academies in remote areas where they can get access to state-of-the-art coaching as 70 percent associated with these academies have access to smartphones.
10) Implementation of Central Contracts for India's women cricketers and a detailed report sought within a month.