STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Daniil Medvedev out of Monte Carlo after positive COVID-19 test

Second-ranked Daniil Medvedev withdrew from the Monte Carlo Masters on Tuesday following a positive COVID-19 test.

Published: 13th April 2021 04:38 PM  |   Last Updated: 13th April 2021 04:38 PM   |  A+A-

ATP World Number Two Daniil Medvedev

ATP World Number Two Daniil Medvedev (Photo | AP)

By Associated Press

MONACO: Second-ranked Daniil Medvedev withdrew from the Monte Carlo Masters on Tuesday following a positive COVID-19 test.

The ATP said Medvedev has been placed in isolation.

His condition is being assessed by the tournament doctor and the ATP medical team.

"It's a big disappointment not to play in Monte Carlo," Medvedev said.

"My focus is now on recovery and I look forward to getting back out on Tour as soon and as safely as possible."

The clay-court tournament is back on the calendar with no fans attending after it was canceled last year because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The ATP said Medvedev was replaced in the main draw and withdrawn from doubles competition.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp