HYDERABAD: A couple of days after filing the preliminary chargesheet in Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy’s alleged illegal assets case, the CBI seems likely to file a supplementary chargesheet soon.
The investigative agency on Monday filed a memo in the special court for CBI cases about filing of the supplementary chargesheet as and when further investigation into the case is completed. “The allegations in the case are being investigated and supplementary chargesheet will be filed as and when investigation is completed regarding other allegations,” the CBI told the court in its memo.
However, the counsel of V Vijay Sai Reddy, accused number 2 in the Jagan case opposed the memo filed by the agency. The counsel G Ashok Reddy asked how the CBI had said it is investigating the allegations when it had already informed the court that it (the CBI) had completed the probe when it filed the main chargesheet.
The court has posted the matter for hearing on April 9 and has asked the CBI to file a counter.
Meanwhile, speculation is rife that the CBI might file the supplementary chargesheet in the case on Tuesday itself though sources said it would take some more time. Sources added that the supplementary chargesheet is not likely to be the last one and more would come later. According to the sources, the CBI would be incorporating names of some more companies, officials and individuals in subsequent chargesheets.
In its first chargesheet filed on March 31, the CBI had named Jagan as accused No 1 besides 12 other individuals and firms. Sources said the CBI has named only a few firms which invested in Jagan’s companies on a quid pro quo basis. “There are several other companies, which including some floated for the sole purpose of pumping money into Jagan’s firms,” sources added.