MACHILIPATNAM: Close on the heels of the food poisoning incident at Mahatma Jyotirao Phule Ashram School in Mopidevi, as many as 26 students of BC Girls Hostel in Gudur in the district fell ill this morning after they had dinner last night.
The students, one after the other, kept complaining about loose motions since 8 am and hostel warden under the impression that it was a minor ailment, gave them some tablets and sent them to school. But with motions continuing, the headmaster of the school sent them to local Primary Health Centre.
According to the officials, the students at the Gurudu hostel were served dhal and rasam with rice last night. This morning, they were served Upma in breakfast. After breakfast, the students complained of loose motions.
The officials also suspect non-vegetarian dishes which the parents had brought for their children as it was Sunday being the reason for the students falling ill. Parents of five students got non-vegetarian dishes for their children which they had shared among themselves. Interestingly, all the 26 students had eaten the non-veg food.
The officials are enquiring as to how food poisoning had taken place. They say that the students were out of danger.