SRIKAKULAM: One person died and two others severely injured as they came in contact with a live wire at a marriage function at Teppalavalasa village in Ranasthalam mandal of the district late Thursday night. The deceased has been identified as V Kanaka Rao (45), a resident of the same village.
According to sources, Kanaka Rao along with two others was trying to fix an amplifier for the music system at the wedding celebrations, where Kanaka Rao came in contact with a live wire. The other two members who tried to rescue him too received shock. Kanaka Rao died on the spot. The two grievously injured were shifted to a nearby hospital. The condition of one of the injured was said to be serious and shifted to KGH. Kanaka Rao’s body was sent for postmortem. The son of the deceased Rambabu lodged a complaint. JR Puram police registered a case and investigation is on.