STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Skill Based Training: AP Govt Joins Hands with Seimens

Published: 08th March 2015 06:01 AM  |   Last Updated: 08th March 2015 06:01 AM   |  A+A-

Skill Based

VISAKHAPATNAM: The Andhra Pradesh government would establish six Centres of Excellence in collaboration with Siemens Corporation across the state within 10 months. A memorandum of understanding would be signed shortly between the state government and Siemens Corporation to offer skill-based training to students in different disciplines.

Speaking at the inaugural function of a mega job fair organised by Andhra University in association with the city-based Millennium Software Solutions here Saturday, Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC) director K Lakshminarayana said that each of the Centres will have five sub-centres to impart training to the students in different disciplines.

“The state government would be implementing special policies for developing skills among students in Andhra Pradesh. By the end of their training courses, students will develop the skills required for any industry and also self employment,” he added.

About `300 crore would be spent for establishment of each Centre of Excellence where 90 per cent expenditure would be borne by Siemens Corporation and the remaining 10 per cent will be funded by the state government. The APSSDC would also take up capacity building programmes for teachers to improve their soft skills and communication skills.

“Parents expect the colleges to equip their children with knowledge and required skills to land jobs, soon after completing the graduation. But, students coming out of the colleges are mostly unemployable, as they lack necessary skills. Companies, too, complain that students lack attitude towards learning and working. Through our Centres of Excellence, we want to ensure that the students are employable immediately after completing their studies,” the APSSDC director said. He wanted candidates, who do not get placement during the two-day recruitment drive, to acquire more skills to avail the next opportunity.

Andhra University vice-chancellor GSN Raju advised the students to hone their skills by identifying the industrial requirements. He said that about 14,500 students registered for the job fair wherein 14 companies are planning to recruit nearly 800 candidates.

Stay up to date on all the latest Andhra Pradesh news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp