Youth Dies in House Fire

Published: 12th March 2015 06:00 AM  |   Last Updated: 12th March 2015 04:38 AM   |  A+A-

VISAKHAPATNAM:  A teenager was burnt alive when his thatched house caught fire, reportedly due to a short circuit at SC Colony at Govindapuram village in Pusapatirega mandal Wednesday. The deceased has been identified as V Bangarraju (19), a resident of the same village.

According to Pusapatirega sub-inspector of police Ch Srinivas, Bangarraju finished his education last year and was working as a daily labourer at Govindapuram village. His parents are NREGS workers. Bangarraju went to give lunch boxes to his parents Wednesday and returned home and fell into a deep sleep. Police said that in the meantime, due to a reported short circuit, fire broke out in the thatched house. Locals said that Bangarraju tried to escape, but in vain.

Pusapatirega police sent the body for postmortem. A case of death due to accidental fire was registered and investigation is on.

Stay up to date on all the latest Andhra Pradesh news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp