VIZIANAGARAM:Fire broke out at Andhra Ferro Alloys Company due to a reported short circuit at Garbham Junction in Budarayavalasa mandal of the district in the early hours of Tuesday. Fire services personnel fought for over four hours to bring the fire under control. Though there was no loss of life, a large amount of property was destroyed, at an estimated loss of Rs 8 to Rs 10 crore.
According to Budarayavalasa SI K Prayoga Murthy, the fire erupted in the Third Furnish in the ferro alloys company, when there was a short-circuit in its transformer at around 3.30 am Tuesday.
The fire quickly spread to 10,000 litres of current oil in the transformer. Fire engines and police rushed to the spot and controled the flames.