VISAKHAPATNAM: A couple died in an accidental explosion of firecrackers stored in their house at Vemaguttapalem village of Anandapuram mandal on Friday. The deceased have been identified as Dasari Appanna (45), Dasari Lakshmi (41), natives of Chintaladimma of Kothavalasa mandal. The fire crackers accidentally caught fire, leading to the mishap.
According to Anandapuram Inspector A Pardhasaradhi, the incident happened at around 3.30 pm and suspect short circuit to have sparked the fire. Police are also yet to ascertain the quantity of crackers stored and reason behind the couple storing such huge amounts of crackers at home. Police said the couple had shifted to Anandapuram only two weeks ago and not much is known about them. Investigation is on.