VIJAYAWADA: As many as 32 students, aged between 8 to 12 years, fell sick after they ate the mid-day meal prepared in the school, here on Monday.
The 32 students of BSR Municipal School at Jammichettu Centre area of the city were admitted to Government General Hospital with complaints of food poisoning. After consuming mid-day meals in the school, the students started vomiting. They were immediately rushed to the government general hospital. After few hours of treatment except seven students, all others were discharge. The remaining were administered saline and other fluids to stabilize them and were discharged later in the night.
On being alerted of the incident, VMC commissioner G Veerapandian immediately sent chief medical officer M Gopi Naik to the school for enquiry . It was found that sambar and curry served in the meals were not properly cooked.