GUNTUR: Chandana Brothers showroom in Guntur was gutted late on Wednesday night and the loss was estimated to be over `3 crore. The fire broke out due to short circuit in the fourth floor of the showroom damaging men’s footwear and clothes. Some of the silk clothes were damaged during the fire control operations.
Fire tenders from Guntur, Mangalagiri, Tenali, Chilakaluripet and Sattenapalli rushed to the spot and controlled the flames. The police along with Commercial Tax department, insurance companies and APSPDCL officials started investigation.Chandana Brothers showroom manager A Koteswara Rao said stock worth `3 crore was damaged in fire mishap.
He further said the stock register would be furnished before the officials concerned during the investigation.DSP K Srinivasulu said the fire broke out due to short circuit. District fire officer K Srinivasa Reddy said eight fire tenders were pressed into service to control the fire.